March 13, 2020 -- Canada Lands Company will suspend operations at the CN Tower and Montreal Science Centre effective end of business day on March 13, 2020. Educational programming at Downsview Park will also be suspended. All operations are expected to resume April 14, 2020 or until local health authorities recommend otherwise.
As owner of the Old Port of Montreal, the Montreal Science Centre, the CN Tower, and Downsview Park, Canada Lands Company takes its stewardship role on behalf of all Canadians for these iconic assets very seriously. At the same time, Canada Lands Company views its responsibility for the health and safety of its guests, employees and the communities in which it operates with the highest priority.
“We feel very strongly about removing these venues from circulation where transmission of the Covid-19 virus could take place,” said John McBain, President and Chief Executive Officer of Canada Lands Company. “We all need to do our part to help ‘flatten the curve’ and reduce Covid-19 impact on health care capacities.”
Canada Lands Company will take the necessary steps to ensure the CN Tower and the Montreal Science Centre, as well as the education facilities at Downsview Park, are in a safe condition prior to the resumption of operations. These facilities will remain closed until April 14, 2020 or until local health authorities recommend otherwise.
- The CN Tower will remain lit at night; a reduced number of employees will continue to work at Tower.
- The Old Port of Montreal outdoor linear park will remain open to Montrealers and visitors.
- The outdoor park at Downsview will remain open to visitors. This announcement does not apply to indoor recreation facilities at Downsview Park nor to the Centennial College Campus at Downsview as they are independent operations.
- Employees affected by Canada Lands Company’s decision will be compensated.
- For more information about reservations or bookings at these facilities, please visit:
About Canada Lands Company
Canada Lands Company is a self-financing federal Crown corporation that specializes in real estate development and attractions management. Since 1995, Canada Lands has enriched Canadian communities and experiences by embracing the full potential of the properties it owns and operates. Canada Lands is a leader in attractions management with its operations of the CN Tower and Downsview Park in Toronto, the Old Port of Montréal and the Montréal Science Centre. Canada Lands Company strives to enhance economic, social and environmental value for Canadians. In addition to the attractions it manages, Canada Lands has 10 active real estate development projects across Canada and has delivered more than $1 billion in economic benefits to Canada since inception. For more information please visit www.clc.ca
For media inquiries: