Welcome from the Vice President
I am delighted to welcome you to Careers at Canada Lands Company. We are a federal crown corporation and since 1995 we have been committed to developing vibrant communities embracing the spaces and places we own and operate. At Canada Lands Company, we enrich communities and experiences and enhance how Canadians live, work and play.
Innovation, collaboration, respect, diversity and inclusion and the highest standards of ethical behaviour are embedded in everything we do. The unique perspectives and talents of our people are at the core of how we lead the way to realize the full potential of our real estate development and attractions.
I invite you to learn more about Canada Lands Company and its commitment to the growth and development of its employees, what it has to offer and current openings below.
Teresa Law, Vice President, Human Resources
Canada Lands Company (CLC) values the diversity of its employees and the unique perspectives they contribute to its various activities. In addition to maintaining a full commitment to Canada's Employment Equity Act, the company strives to treat every employee with fairness and respect, while offering opportunities for career development and personal growth. As a matter of course, CLC posts new employment positions internally for a set period and then promotes from within if possible. It then opens up the remaining job positions to external candidates.
If you would like your résumé to be held on file by Canada Lands Company for consideration as an external candidate for any future positions that may arise, please indicate your employment area(s) of interest and forward it to:
Attention: Human Resources Department
Canada Lands Company
1 University Avenue, Suite 1700
Toronto ON M5J 2P1
Administrative assistant (Edmonton)
Purpose of role
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and program support to the staff in the Edmonton office, and also acts as receptionist and office coordinator. The Administrative Assistant maintains the office environment in a professional and hospitable manner, providing professional support to all staff while supporting external relationships, and hosting visitors as an ambassador for CLC.
- Greets visitors in-person at the office and over the phone in a helpful, professional and pleasant manner.
- Types and/or formats agendas, meeting minutes, correspondence, briefings and presentations.
- Supports Edmonton project activities. Sets up and maintains comprehensive property and contract files in hard copy and digital formats in accordance with the Company’s Records Management Policies and Procedures.
- Assists the Project Coordinator in maintenance of the Content Manager (CM) digital records management system.
- Provides initial responses to routine public inquiries and refers such inquiries to appropriate CLC staff for further response or action. Tracks inquiries in a spreadsheet and follows up on resolution, as required.
- Prepares abstracts for lot sales at the direction and under supervision of the Marketing Manager.
- Maintains records for purchase and sales agreements (PSAs), in coordination with the Marketing Manager and Project Coordinator.
- Under the supervision of appropriate CLC staff, provides administrative and secretarial support (logistics, hospitality, catering) at internal and external meetings with stakeholders, consultants, government, and the public.
- Coordinates, schedules and organizes meetings and conferences at the direction of CLC employees, that may consist of all levels of government, clients, consultants and other third parties; Sets up boardroom, when required.
- Maintains boardrooms and office common areas in a clean and tidy condition. Resets spaces after meetings.
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements for staff and prepares pre-authorizations, employee reimbursement and personal expense claims.
- Prepares employee expense claims, coordinates appropriate approvals and submits to accounting for processing.
- Assists with the corporate plan document compilation and formatting and assembly of annual budget binders.
- Serves as administrative liaison between Edmonton office and administrative units (accounting, communications, human resources, IT, records, etc.) in other Company offices.
- Maintains up-to-date client list in Microsoft Outlook and assists with mailings.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing mail, shipping and receiving.
- Maintains regular office supply, promotional material inventory and kitchen supply and inventory; completes purchasing and restocking as required.
- Orders CLC stationery and staff business cards, when required.
- Coordinates maintenance of office equipment and electronics, including shredding of project documentation.
- Coordinates and completes minor maintenance of office space for appearance and functionality as well as organization of storage areas.
- Provides Edmonton office with IT support and liaises with IT department: monitors and tracks staff’s IT needs, assists staff with problem solving, assists IT department with set up in Edmonton office, etc.
- Assists with corporate intranet and SharePoint content upload (agora, MediaValet).
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of CLC policies and guidelines, procedures, records management, and information systems.
- Special projects as assigned by the Director, Real Estate, and other duties and accountabilities, as required.
In addition to the key functions listed above, the Administrative Assistant in Edmonton office is also responsible for the following tasks:
- Report and monitor all building issues/questions to the office building landlord to ensure all issues are resolved quickly.
- Act as the Edmonton Health and Safety Officer, including updating the office policies and procedures, liaising with the Corporate Health and Safety Team and coordinating and undertaking required training and certifications, as required.
- Assisting with compilation and formatting of documents for the Senior Management Team (SMT) and Board.
- Coordinating all logistics for any team social events, at the direction of the Senior Director or Director, as required.
- Be the office representative for corporate committees (Wellness, United Way, Diversity and Inclusion), from time to time and based on team interest and availability.
- Coordinate all logistics for any corporate social and team events, at the direction of Human Resources.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum high school diploma required, with a preference for post-secondary education.
- Minimum of one-to-three years of experience in an office administration role required.
- Experience in client relations and customer service required.
- Professional training in, and proficiency with the use of, standard office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Team and Adobe (including Adobe Sign), is required.
- Proficiency with the use of other virtual meeting platforms (i.e. Zoom, Skype, Google Meet/Hangouts), considered an asset.
- Experience in administration for land development or real estate projects, considered an asset.
- Financial training and/or education, considered an asset.
To express your interest in being considered for this position, please forward your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 11th, 2020 . We thank all applicants for participating in the selection process. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Lands Company CLC Limited is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Canada Lands Company is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please inform us as soon as possible and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.